Thursday, October 1, 2015

Early Fall - Nature and Flowers

Here are a few of my recent photos from my adventures this fall. Some have asked what I use to take photographs. I bought a used Canon EOS Rebel T2i DSLR (rather older model) from an electronics shop in NYC called B & H. I still only have one lens and can't take all of the different kinds of photos I'd like, but it's a great start. It has enough control for manual shots if you're trying to learn, but also has a fine auto setting for the less experiences photographer like myself.

Having started photography on a completely manual Canon, I also try to take the photo I want straight out of the camera, without any post editing tools. Eventually I'd also like to learn how to use a program like photoshop, since there really is a lot more that you can do with it... but in the meantime I'll just stick with manual options and the trusty-old iPhoto that came with my computer.

I'm finding that I like macro shots more than anything, especially of nature. I'm not great at photographing people, perhaps because I get shy when I have to wait and keep the camera pointed at them for a long time in order to get the right angle, face, lighting, etc. For animals and flowers, it doesn't really matter how long you sit there. I also really like getting close shots of things that we don't always get to see, such as the spider underneath the flower (featured below). I had trouble focusing this one since the flower was swaying with the breeze, but I was quite happy with how it turned out.

I hope you enjoy them!

-Lana

All photographs are my personal work. Please do not reuse them without permission or appropriate credits.

"Home to New Yorkers"

"Flower and Friend"

"Three Ladies - We Are and We Are Not"

"Untitled"

"Untitled" - Fontanella Tea Garden in Mdina, Malta
"Peace Be With You"

"Halo"

"Red and Purple Peppers"

"The Weeping Willow"
"RamJam"

"Couples's's' Stone"

"Feeder"






No comments:

Post a Comment